Term 3: Week 6

This week my my class read two books called Scary Night and The Stone Lion. The Stone Lion was a life lesson. Somewhere in your life you’ll get one opportunity to do one thing and when it happens you should go for it. We weren’t allowed to look at the pictures, so we had to draw what we thought they looked like. After that we had to make one certain picture of the story Scary Night by only using paper, paint and pastels.

We also had to read an article of our choice. There were three types of verbs, a doing verb, saying verb and a being/having verb. My article was called The Mighty Jaguar. The task was to find twenty verbs, make two complex sentences, find main ideas of the article and then put them onto a poster.

My class worked on particular parts of decimals such as rounding off decimals, reading decimals from hundreds to thousandths and ordering decimals. We had to do one work-sheet of decimals to prove that we know how to do those particular parts of decimals. I think rounding off decimals isn’t so easy . I learnt how to order decimals and how to round off decimals.